During the last few weeks back home in Arizona, I have been trying to focus on myself and my physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. College is hard. This year is especially difficult with online classes and limited social interaction. 2020 has been not what I had pictured.
This year has truly been a rollercoaster of emotions. I had some of the best moments of my life but also some of the worst. I had to pick myself up after every setback no matter who major or minor it is and move forward with life. I have so much to look forward to in 2021 such as college graduation.
People have gone in and out of my life during 2020. However, I consider myself very lucky to have a solid group of people I can turn to during my rough times. Here are some of the hardest lessons I have learned this year alone:
- If someone wants to stay in your life, they will make an effort and fight for you. What is meant to be will be meant to be.
- Sometimes people change and they either find their way back into your life or they are gone. I lost two friendships this year as me and those two people outgrew each other. It was very sad as they have been a part of my life for so long. On the other hand, I have made new friends this year and rebuilt friendships from the earlier years of college.
- Change is inevitable and unpredictable. You just have to learn how to cope with unexpected changes.
- Value self-growth and prioritize yourself before anyone else. I felt lost during the beginning of 2020 as the pandemic started and then I lost myself again during senior year. During my 20s, I truly want to figure out who I want to be and what I want my life to look like.
- Life goes by fast. I remember during the beginning of the pandemic, I would always complain about how slow time was moving. However, in a blink of eye, it is already the end of the year.